My intentions for this blog are fairly simplistic: mostly I would like to use this space as a means of encouraging myself to continue creating and growing by forcing myself to share my progress with anyone who may be interested. While I may share bits of my personal life, what I really want is to share my scrapbooking with all of the amazing bloggers already out there.

5.6.11

Camping in Alberta/When Will I Learn

This past weekend was David's mother's side's (usage of apostrophes questionable) annual camping trip at Jarvis Bay (Silvan Lake, Alberta). Half of this side of the family lives in Calgary so this is a nice mid-way point for us to meet. As per usual Alberta weather - expect the unexpected. Friday night was very cold and we spent all evening crowded around the fire playing camp fire games and making the best of it. Having taught all day I decided to go to bed "early" sometime between 11 and midnight only to find that despite my touque (sometimes worn on my head, other moments me socked feet), fleece jammies and a heavy duty sleeping bag I was shivering so badly that I could not sleep. At 2 am I went to find the hubby to try to convince the radiator of  man to get his butt back to the tent. Whilst waiting for him I found the ultimate solution and a little shut eye thanks to my LuluLemon hoodie which I managed to put my feet through. Honestly, those things are soooo warm. In the morning, David and I woke up at immediately the same time. No, we are not so connected that our circadian rhythms are in sync. We both woke at the same time because our tent had fallen on our faces and the cold snow on top of it awakened us! Yeah. Snow. I thought we were out of there for sure but we built a new fire and toughed it out and by 3:00pm it was 17 degrees out and lovely camping weather. More about the weekend when I managed to scrap some of these pictures but here's a pics from our adventurous stay.
Trying to stay warm in bed and questioning our choice in provinces to live.


 Great book! Highly recommend if you're into neuropathology or just think that learning about how the brain works or, in this case, doesn't work is extraordinarily interesting!

Little BIL playing the gey-tar. Very talented.
 David's camping beard... yummy... Didn't know he had the mountain man in 'em but I kinda like it :P
Trying to stay warm. Heart.

No comments: