My intentions for this blog are fairly simplistic: mostly I would like to use this space as a means of encouraging myself to continue creating and growing by forcing myself to share my progress with anyone who may be interested. While I may share bits of my personal life, what I really want is to share my scrapbooking with all of the amazing bloggers already out there.

2.6.11

Learn to Nacissist...

A favourite (mostly of David’s) signature saying around our home is “learn to _________”. The blank could be filled with a verb, I guess, but is most often filled with adjectives, adverbs or nouns. For instance, if I was having trouble finding some viral video about a teenage pop star in angst or something, David might comment: “learn to Miley Cyrus”... I guess it’s just one of those things you just had to be there for...
Not sure about this page. I haven’t posted it for two reasons: (1) I feel like it needs some distressing, etc. but I’m too lazy to take it apart and put it back together (2) I feel like such a loser when all I scrapbook are the handful of pictures where I think I look decent. I am one of those girls who suffers from a complete and total body-dysmorphic-self-conscious-beat-yourself-up-‘cause-you’re-not-good-enough complex. For most of my life I have been very un-photogenic; so much so that people near and dear to me have, in a kind way, said as much themselves. Yes, part of this is because I make ridiculous faces at the camera 99% of the time. However, that just solidifies the picture as weird/funny/funny-ugly thus not allowing me to fall into the category (god forbid) of unattractive. So the narcissist in me has started to keep a folder of pics entitled “Me”; only the photos which I consider to be me at my best go in there. But wait, it gets worse. Every now and then I pull up the folder and go through the files reminding myself that I’m not half bad. Is that sick? Is it nothing? Is it just plain weird?
Well, whatever it is, it feels kind of good to share the quirky tid-bit about myself on the good ol’ interweb. Now I just hope someone has a similar tendency so I can’t sleep at night ;)

3 comments:

Formerly.Lisa.S. said...

Well, I think you are gorgeous!

And I love this layout! LOVE IT!!!

Paige said...

Lots of people do that, it's not weird! It's a good reminder, especially on a blah day, that you are awesome!!!

Jill Williams said...

i love this layout. please bring it to the store to display over glitz because its amazing!

And.. your frigging beautiful. just accept it.