My intentions for this blog are fairly simplistic: mostly I would like to use this space as a means of encouraging myself to continue creating and growing by forcing myself to share my progress with anyone who may be interested. While I may share bits of my personal life, what I really want is to share my scrapbooking with all of the amazing bloggers already out there.

6.7.10

Branding Myself

Do not fear.

I am not partaking in this...
... because it scares me. What? It does. Not much into the altering my body permanently. I'm too fickle for that.

What this blog is actually about is creating a logo for you! When we started planning our wedding I was really into the idea of coming up with a "logo" for us. I wanted to put it on everything. The problem with that of course is that it is A) pretentious and B) expensive!!! I had many grand schemes but I was really hung up on this. I love seeing weddings that are all coordinated loveliness. Of course I love the vintage or shabby chic weddings that are totally not matchy-matchy but again - the molla decides the type of wedding you can have. If I had a fabulous planner like Juli then maybe I could pull that off. But alas, I could afford no planner. (O. M. G. is Juli doing beautiful things lately!) So, I created our brand. I put it on our wedding envelopes, our Jamaica favours and welcome letters, our table cards, our thank yous, you get the idea. It really made a difference, to me anyway, to have this common denominator on all of the things we gave our guests. It looked super professional in my opinion and the best part was that I did it in "Paint". Yep. That cheesy program that comes with your Microsoft software. That one. No expensive Photoshop here people - just K and D brand thank you cards and envelopes. Seriously, the simple things in life really make the most difference to me. I'm a details person. What you can't see in these photos is that our logo for our destination wedding was our initials with two palm leaves in the background. Our thank yous are creamy and taupy and the taupy palm leaves didn't show up too well here. But trust me, if my camera hadn't died, you would have seen the beauty. That's another thing that I love about branding yourself. I used different colors on the invites, welcome letters and now thank yous but they all look similar.

P.S. The thank you cards themselves came from Costco. You get approximately 1 million for less than $40.00. Sweet deal!

2 comments:

Formerly.Lisa.S. said...

Wonderful, wonderful!

Now, what if I needed one million and twenty???

Kirsten Williams said...

That would be approximately $4000.00 dollars.