My intentions for this blog are fairly simplistic: mostly I would like to use this space as a means of encouraging myself to continue creating and growing by forcing myself to share my progress with anyone who may be interested. While I may share bits of my personal life, what I really want is to share my scrapbooking with all of the amazing bloggers already out there.

13.7.10

Cards, Cards and More Cards!

As promised, here are my cards for the upcoming "Kids Camp" at TM. I think I have mentioned before that I do not normally make cards. However, this class as required me to do many things outside of just scrapbooking than I would normally do, and so, I give you CARDS! I actually really like doing cards now. They require fewer supplies, they do not take as much time and you can give them to people. I mean I simply lurve having my memories captured in the unique art form we all know and love, but who doesn't like to hear the reaction: "you made this?"? Nobody. That's who. Also, I decided to incorporate a little more of myself in this blog by setting the cards on my most prized possessions: my books! I heart reading. My parents used to give us one dollar for every novel we read during the summer. I would make big bucks! I'd climb into our treehouse and read for hours - not for the money, that was just a bonus - but because I loved reading. So I'll point out a few of my favorite reads from the pictures where possible. I would love any author/book suggestions that you may have for me! Anybody out there?
The "Book of Negroes" (the small face in the upper left-hand portion) by Lawrence Hill is the best book I have read in a long time. Powerful, yet and easy read, I couldn't get enough. Interesting point, the book is only called this in Canada but is based on an actual historical artefact.
Tucked in behind this card is one of my favorite books of all time: "Kit's Law" by Donna Morrissey. This is the only book I cried after reading. It's heartbreaking, heart-warming and just downright touching.
Harry Potter - yes its true! Can't deny these fantasy favorites.Wally Lamb's "I Know This Much is True". He creates such real characters. Heart.
Anne-Marie MacDonald's "Fall on Your Knees" Compelling, disturbing, still fantastic.
For those of you "real readers" out there, Diana Gabaldon might be considered smut but I want to marry every male character in her books. Dreamy.
"The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time" (Mark Haddon). Need I say more than the title. I think not.


1 comment:

Formerly.Lisa.S. said...

lovely cards.

and a good book list...I might have to check some of these out myself.

Have you read THE READER, or REVOLUTIONARY ROAD? both are very good as well. and both are movies with Kate Winslet...coincidence... yeah, probably!