My intentions for this blog are fairly simplistic: mostly I would like to use this space as a means of encouraging myself to continue creating and growing by forcing myself to share my progress with anyone who may be interested. While I may share bits of my personal life, what I really want is to share my scrapbooking with all of the amazing bloggers already out there.

3.7.10

Roller Disco Immortalized

A couple months ago Jill and I went to a birthday party at the Edmonton Sportsworld Inline Skate and Roller Disco. The theme: tight and bright. Yah. I know. Best birthday party idea....EVER!!! You know that Jill and I live for theme parties. So we hit up Walmart (Note: people of Walmart theme party soon to come) and found some special touches. Safe to say that most of our outfits came from our closets. What?! Everyone likes to cherish our childhood era; the eighties. Our friends Kelsey, Robyn and my best friend Kirsten (yep, her name is my name too, and whenever we go out...) rented the rink for the evening and had the wherewithal to purchase a liquor licence for their young (most were in their early twenties) party goers. Jill and I had approximately one drink each and it was a stellar night. I wish I could show you all of the short shorts, spandex and (apparently) mullets that come with a tight and bright party, but here are just a few pages. Pardon the bad photos, no patience.

In case you are confused, my friends lovingly gave Kirsten the name K2 to prevent confusion between me (K) and her (K2). Hence, "K2 turns 27".
I'm pretty sure that I scrap-lifted the crossed scraps of paper from Chantel. The Riff Raff Snowflakes are really hot pink and orange. I thought they looked pretty sweet and geometric until I got home and David immediately asked why there were snowflakes on this page. Sigh. "Tight & Bright"
I don't even know what this is but some ladies at the store today had some excellent insight. Something along the lines of it doesn't matter what your page looks like - a done page is ANOTHER PAGE THAT'S DONE. "Roller Girls

2 comments:

Formerly.Lisa.S. said...

who do you have to sleep with to get invited to one of these parties? obviously, it's not my hubby...

maybe it should be on my "30 Before 30 List" to get invited to a Williams-Sisters Theme Party!

Ginger said...

Can't wait for the Wal-Mart people theme party pics! Love your layouts Kirsten, and I especially like the Riff Raff Snowflakes!!