My intentions for this blog are fairly simplistic: mostly I would like to use this space as a means of encouraging myself to continue creating and growing by forcing myself to share my progress with anyone who may be interested. While I may share bits of my personal life, what I really want is to share my scrapbooking with all of the amazing bloggers already out there.

24.6.10

Artwork and Thunderstorms

Last night I hung out with Jilly. We really don't get to hang out with each other as much as I would like. She is such a bright light in my life. While we can get rather aggressive with each other at times, it is only because we are so close that such abuse can be tolerated. Even with a migraine last night we were making each other laugh; speaking in bad accents, being crude, just our usual deranged selves. And to add to all of this love and happiness, there was a thunderstorm last night. Me and thunderstorms are like peas and carrots... or maybe that was someone else... It certainly helped the pounding in my own skull to hear the relaxing sound of rain, thunder and the smell of rain, so much so that I got 3 pages done.
The first one I love, the second is old school. But what's wrong with a simple, old school page every now and again? Meh. Nothin'. As you can't read the jounaling tabs (I said old school right?) lemme'splain... I bought this adorable scratch off "coloring book" for our dear friend's daughter Bella when she was born because it was called "Princess Bella". I have been saving that book until now to ensure that she would not impale herself or lose any soft tissue to the sharp wooden tool. When I brought it over about a month ago, she was just as pumped as me. She watched her Mom color and then trotted off to her unfinished tree house to sit and work. She was soooooooo engaged and worked so hard: it was the most adorable thing I've ever seen. So I Paparazzied the moment. Happy Thursday!

"Art=WORK"


"Even Picasso had to Start SOMEwhere"
P.S. I can't wait to have my own kids so that I can stop creeping on my friend's children.

1 comment:

Formerly.Lisa.S. said...

hey...I still use journaling tabs!?!?!