My intentions for this blog are fairly simplistic: mostly I would like to use this space as a means of encouraging myself to continue creating and growing by forcing myself to share my progress with anyone who may be interested. While I may share bits of my personal life, what I really want is to share my scrapbooking with all of the amazing bloggers already out there.

20.6.10

Wishing I had better handwriting...

You know, lots of people comment on my handwriting in real life. I've been proud of my printing since at least grade 1 :P However, as soon as I go to write on a page things get sketchy. If I try too hard I come up with perfect printing like my mother would do - which is lovely but not natural. It doesn't even look like I wrote it. The other option is to just "go for it". The problem with that option is that my brain is not really a "got for it" kind of gal. My brain is more like "don't screw it up, but make it natural, but don't look like your trying too hard, but try not to ruin your page..."etc. Which brings me to my latest page. I was going to cover up the unnatural writing (I may still) as it can be likened to a "silent but violent" - sneaks up on you with no warning and kills the mood. I know that many of your brave souls handwrite on your pages all the time and the whole point is to tell a story or portray a feeling but my OCD just won't let me get there yet. At least I'm keeping up with the posting and crafting. Some more ideas in the works... This is a picture of my babelicous Mom, I belive shortly after my birth. I just love her soooo much! *Note: it is not mounted on that terrible pink color, I just had that paper down when I took the pic.

In other news, Jill was asking me why you can't click on the images on my blog to enlarge them anymore. My answer: I don't know. If anyone knows how to change this, please enlighten me. Love.

3 comments:

Jill said...

Hottie!

Nadine Karen said...

It's amazing how much Jilly looks like her (your) mom!! Pretty layout & I really like the one of you and your dad!

Lisa Kercher said...

love this! it's so pretty and perfect...and I like the little hand written note.

(still TM-Lisa here...)