My intentions for this blog are fairly simplistic: mostly I would like to use this space as a means of encouraging myself to continue creating and growing by forcing myself to share my progress with anyone who may be interested. While I may share bits of my personal life, what I really want is to share my scrapbooking with all of the amazing bloggers already out there.

6.5.11

Don't be a Drag, Just be a Queen

The dust, feathers, eyelashes and miscellaneous costume paraphernalia has settled and I'm still here. My 28th birthday was another great excuse to get my friends together and have a fantastic get together... in drag of course. Originally I invited everyone to, what I called a "tickle trunk" party. More often than not we have theme parties but I recognize that not everyone is as "into it" as we/I are/am. So my thought was to put out a bunch of costume pieces and some cardboard cut-outs you put your head in etc., and have everyone be a outrageous (or not) as they wanted to. Great idea. Stole it from Jill. But then Jill had another idea, she wanted to dress up as a male drag queen. Flash back to my 26th birthday: equal amounts of glitter, hilarity and "Priscilla Queen of the Desert" antics. That party was one of my best costume ideas yet! So Jill and I decided to relive the party from a few years ago by dressing up ourselves. Just her and I. When Victoria got there she dolled up in record speed and the three of us looked like idiots for the rest of the evenings. Many people played along with the "everything goes" theme, including Heather (astronaut outfit, shiny silver wing, butterfly wings and a top hat) and Jen (boa, Cruella Deville wig). Yours truly? See for yourself:
 Terrifying I know. But admit it, you want to try drag now. Don't 'cha? And here are some of my gifts. I'm so spoiled! Note the homemade card with googly eyes. The brown card stock in the background has been made to look like cork by my SIL Jen using a little black ink and a mean flick of the wrist. The phrenology head is wicked! Jill found it for me. She's so smart! I just recently bought some lazer cut chipboard from TM with a phrenology head. I reminds me of my psychology days... sigh. Those were the days....
 Beautiful crafting supplies from the hubby. I'm dying to use that yellow Basic Grey paper - yum!
  Beautiful flowers from my mom who found the time to be sooo thoughtful while taking care of my step-father overseas. Geez. What a lady.
Thank you loving friends and family. May day was delightful!

2 comments:

Kara said...

Aww so fun I hope it was marvelous! Wish I could have been there. xoxox

Ginger said...

You are gorgeous sweetie! I love the blue hair :)