My intentions for this blog are fairly simplistic: mostly I would like to use this space as a means of encouraging myself to continue creating and growing by forcing myself to share my progress with anyone who may be interested. While I may share bits of my personal life, what I really want is to share my scrapbooking with all of the amazing bloggers already out there.

15.7.11

Carried on Butterfly Wings

This is a card for two of my dear teacher friends who recently lost their son only a few months into his new life. He was born with a heart condition and subsequently suffered a stroke. I still cannot fathom this tragedy but I believe that everything happens for a reason. Instead of a funeral, they had a celebration of life at the Devonian Botanical Gardens. In their invitation they expressed their desire for everyone to come and enjoy a moment of peace and tranquility with their loved ones as time together is a precious thing. I could not be at the service but I will be sending this card in the mail and David and I still intend to visit the gardens for the very reason they expressed. The interior of the card reads:
As a butterfly graces our lives with a moment's fragile beauty, so too has {your baby's} presence blessed you, and those that surround you. May you find peace and joy with each butterfly that passes, knowing that {your baby} lives on in the hearts of all they touched.
Thank you for reminding me of the importance of love and relationships and to be grateful for the life and time I am given little baby. You have shown your parents a love they never knew and reminded us all of an important lesson.

1 comment:

Nadine Karen said...

Sobbing here at the thought of their loss. Beautiful card, beautiful sentiment.