My intentions for this blog are fairly simplistic: mostly I would like to use this space as a means of encouraging myself to continue creating and growing by forcing myself to share my progress with anyone who may be interested. While I may share bits of my personal life, what I really want is to share my scrapbooking with all of the amazing bloggers already out there.

2.7.11

"Kitty, Kitty", *Sniff, Sniff*

I made it! School is officially out, my 186 report cards are complete and I have lugged all of my stuff out of the school... and most is still sitting in my car. It was a challenging semester (I may have mentioned this one or two times before...*wink*) but I got through, and more importantly, most of my students got through with me. I don't really want to get into anymore "shop talk" but I do want to say that I will miss my school and the kids. There is a (brilliant) glimmer of hope that I will be back at the same school working full-time, if on a temp, next year. With the hundreds of brilliant teachers who are out of work here in Edmonton, I will NOT complain! So here is a picture of me on my last day of school, bedraggled and sad looking in multiple facets. If I am back next year I will not have a classroom of my own anymore but will be forced to wander the school on a cart like a gypsy. Oh government, can't we just have a few more dollars so that I can have a classroom, as well as less than 35 students? Asking too much? I figured. So long delightful classroom! But what's more is that I have these ubber fancy nails to lighten the mood. I got these hilariously gaudy but irresistibly "me" "Salon Effects by Sally Hansen the other day and I can't get enough! Mom and I have been on multiple missions to find more - no shocker that I have to race the 14 year olds to the shelves - they're really hard to get :) These ones are called "Kitty, Kitty" which makes them all the more better!

2 comments:

Kara said...

Kirst! I loves your nails....almost as much as I love you.

Anonymous said...

Come on, those beautiful pouty lips could be doing so much more than making a frown.