My intentions for this blog are fairly simplistic: mostly I would like to use this space as a means of encouraging myself to continue creating and growing by forcing myself to share my progress with anyone who may be interested. While I may share bits of my personal life, what I really want is to share my scrapbooking with all of the amazing bloggers already out there.

29.3.11

Got Me a (Staple) Gun

Wow. This whole spring break thing is a really good idea. Went to TM today, played with Junior, Anna and Scarlet for hours. Got covered in drool. Loved it. Worked on my mask for the TM National Scrapbook weekend. Bought myself a staple gun and recovered some hideously defaced stools. All in all, a good evening.
Here's one of the culprits on the formerly maimed chairs.
And here is the stool in my basement now. I was too lazy to get out a sewing machine so I just folder the corners - anything is better than the ratty stool I had before. The fabric is from IKEA and was dirt cheap. I bought two yards and have a lot left over to re-craft into something else. I was so lazy that I didn't even cut off the excess fabric nicely. I was getting a bit concerned when David mentioned that I could take off the feet. Aha! I jammed the excess under the feet to hold it up and cut the rest off. Great cheat! Such a smart husband I have.

And a picture of the other culprit, just 'cause he's so darn cute!

3 comments:

Nadine Karen said...

That stool is great!!!! Your kitty is freakin adorable!
Thanks again for watching Anna and getting drooled on so I could work.
xo

Formerly.Lisa.S. said...

love the stool! I'm needing to do something with just the tops of mine at home...and this fabric is sort of totally AWESOME!

Ginger said...

I'm not sure how I missed this post, but your kitty's are very CUTE!! I just spent a bundle on curtains and the sheers are already trashed... needless to say Marvin is not impressed!... I wonder if IKEA has sheer fabric and then perhaps I will really need to learn how to sew ;)